FAQs: My Aged Care

Can I arrange support for my parents to help them stay at home?

You can be registered on My Aged Care as an authorised spokesperson for your parent, or the person you care for, but they will need to be present and verbally confirm that they are happy for you to speak for them. Once they have done this you will be issued with your own Aged Care number and will be able to ask questions and make arrangements on their behalf.

How do I register to get support services to help me stay at home?

The quickest way to register for support and arrange an assessment is to call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. Please remember to have your Medicare card handy.

What is My Aged Care?

My Aged Care is the government gateway for all aged care needs, including assessment and information on aged care support and programs across Australia. They should be your first point of contact.

Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or use their website www.myagedcare.gov.au